Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Gamers alert!


In addition to creating straight explantory virtual presentation of news as described in my previous blog, I have found that there are already news GAMES as well.
See this article from the Poynter Institute: www.poynter.org/column.asp?id=47
Download and try this game: www.peacemakergame.com
If anyone from DAI 627 would like to collaborate with me on a final project that would use a game interface to present a news story, I would love the help. I will do the reporting/editing and you would suggest a game format to illustrate it. You don't actually have to create a game, just use screen grabs/sketches/Flash animations or whatever software you choose to build a prototype. The type of "world" you design and structure of how you "win" the game is your challenge. The presentation would occupy a window on my site. 
Don't be intimidated by the verbal depth of the Israeli conflict example. Our topic could be much less complex, mostly visual, and include an avatar if you wish.
Please contact me via e-mail. I look forward to working with you! 


2 comments: