
13. What features did I find difficult to use and why. How would I redesign.
I found the “kill” procedure less than satisfying. I was unclear about exactly what my various weapons would do (what Cogs they would kill, how, range, etc.), which should have been explained in detail when I “bought” them. Trial and error was frustrating. When I did choose to fire my gag, there’s a big delay. Also, the group attack plan is confusing, and favors those who hang back and wait for others to fire first.
I found the “kill” procedure less than satisfying. I was unclear about exactly what my various weapons would do (what Cogs they would kill, how, range, etc.), which should have been explained in detail when I “bought” them. Trial and error was frustrating. When I did choose to fire my gag, there’s a big delay. Also, the group attack plan is confusing, and favors those who hang back and wait for others to fire first.
14. What features would I add to aid navigation.
I would add other perspectives to the users view of
ToonTown.
If you could chose to look down from an overhead view to at least some degree, running through the various parts of town would be more interesting. Also, I’d like the globe icon in the book to reveal a full, labeled view of Toontown (like the map of Disneyland), rather than masking it in clouds. The programmers could always change the configuration or add new areas as the player progressed to increase the difficulty of finding everything.18. Aspects of Toontown that relate to the HOH-Agency chapter:
• Users can take meaningful actions, and see the results. They can create avatars and customize their appearance, kill Cogs to “save” Toontown, and earn jellybeans by playing Trolley games which they can “spend” on gags and other features.
• Users can take meaningful actions, and see the results. They can create avatars and customize their appearance, kill Cogs to “save” Toontown, and earn jellybeans by playing Trolley games which they can “spend” on gags and other features.

• Users get aesthetic pleasure from
participating in the game. Our agency in the game — choosing from multiple, autonomous actions, as well as moving our avatar through the colorful game — is enjoyable and fulfilling.
• Users face challenges in the game not unlike Captain Kirk on the bridge of the Enterprise, as he encountered new worlds. Our avatar is on a quest that requires navigating the “space” in Toontown, where there are many new environments to explore, problems to solve and skills to learn.

No comments:
Post a Comment